Chicago TV station turns back the clock 30 years

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Sat Nov 14 15:43:39 EST 2009

At 01:15 PM 11/14/2009, Kevin Vahey wrote:

>Like most CBS owned TV stations WBBM-TV has been a non-factor in
>Chicago for 20 years now. However 30 years ago they may have been the
>best local newscast in the US.
>
>Last night they went back to the anchor team that made them famous.
>
>http://cbs2chicago.com/video/?id=64673@wbbm.dayport.com

I think another part of their downfall was when Jerry Springer was
hired as a commentator, which caused the well respected Carol Marin
(pronounced as marine) to leave in disgust.  I see no mention of Ms.
Marin in this post, is she by any chance back at the station?

Larry Weil
Temporarily in Lake Wobegone, VT
Wobegone is a state of mind!