Digital TV

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Thu Nov 12 11:31:28 EST 2009

A. Joseph Ross wrote:

> And that is exactly why I can't understand why I get such bad
> reception here.  Especially why one of my converter boxes can't see
> channel 4 at all.

Too much RF can be just as deadly to DTV reception as too little. Here
at Casa Fybush, 4300 feet from the Rochester TV transmitters, I've
successfully eliminated some of my indoor DTV reception quirks (breakups
as people walk around the room and such) by using a straightened-out
paper clip inserted in the center hole of the antenna jack, in place of
an actual antenna.

(I don't even want to know how many volts of RF I'm getting here!)