Changes at WGBH-FM

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Wed Nov 11 17:20:03 EST 2009

Larry Weil wrote:

>I know that WGBH has now announced that they are planning to end their
>Saturday Folk and Blues programming next month despite initially denying
>that this would happen with the acquisition on WCRB.

  I also wonder if this means WGBH will no longer broadcast the six hours of
Saturday coverage of the Lowell Folk Festival that they've done for many
years ? WGBH has also been a media sponsor of the festival for several years
as well.

  Regarding the changes to the jazz programming, I've not read or heard
anything regarding that.

Mark Watson