WCVB - new source of revenue

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Sat May 23 20:51:40 EDT 2009

This was in the Boston Herald today:

http://bostonherald.com/business/media/view.bg?articleid=1174220&srvc=business&position=4

Simply put, WCVB would sell discount time (during the morning Eye Opener news) to local cities and towns to have have a town/city official (police officer, school administrator, etc.) read a promotion for Partnership for A Drug Free America. Personally I have a hard time justifying this spending of public funds in the best of times, and we're definitely not there. In the past such spots would come out of PSA time and be considered a plus during license renewal. Does the FCC still have a public service requirement?