Globe interviews TALKERS' Harrison about talk radio

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Mon May 4 07:19:11 EDT 2009

>>many of today's kids don't own radios, or at least don't consider radio an essential part of life. That's
not encouraging.<<

All it takes is a walk through a college campus to see what the radio business is facing all too soon.  Today's college students simply don't use radio the way previous generations did.  They have far more choices and they use them to a far greater extent than they use radio.  The campus station I engineer for used to have too many applicants for too few on-air slots.  Now they can't even fill the ones they have, and those who do work at the station bring their PCs and use their personal music libraries instead of the music stocked by the station.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040