Station Call-Sign Acronym across two calls signs (AM&FM) Old WSCV&WSLE

brouder@juno.com brouder@juno.com
Sat Mar 28 13:16:04 EDT 2009

>What did WSCV WSLE stand for.
>We Serve Contookcook Valley With Superior Listening Entertainment.

John's post doesn't entirely cover it.  As I wrote on p.58 of my book, "Granite and Ether: A Chronicle of New Hampshire Broadcasting,"
WSCV AM (1050kc) was born May 19, 1970 and called itself "The Voice of the Valley."  Two years later owners Francis H. Harms and John E. Leary added an FM, WSLE (92.1mc):

"John Scott was manager; he recalls choosing the FM call letters for the names of his children: Stephen, Lorrie and Elaine."

Ed Brouder
Manchester, NH