Paul Harvey (was: Re: Radio Disney)

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 15:40:34 EST 2009

And you'd be surprised on how many people "from both sides of the aisle" loved to listen to Paul Harvey.  My self included (and I'm a Liberal). Case in point, back in '79, WCCC-FM in Hartford, not exactly your run-of-the-mill FM station by any means actually ran "Paul Harvey News and Comment", "Paul Harvey News" and of course "The REST of The Story", everyday.   'CCC was your typical FM Progressive Rocker of the time.  Everybody at work would stop EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING.... just to listen to the 15 minute version at 12:06 PM.  And just before "The REST Of The Story", Peter Kohl would preface the show with "Well, I'm Peter Kohl, Southern New England's Best Rock is on WCCC AM 1290 and FM 107. And it's 4:55 and time for YOU-KNOW-WHO........".

I was BULL**** when WBZ pulled Paul Harvey from their all news lineup a couple of years ago, just to make room for more of their Top 40 news.  Harvey's show was a staple for me.  I took lunch specifically just in time for Harvey's show.  I know that 'BZ was inundated with calls but to no avail.  Since then, it's not been a preset on my car's radio.

I thought for sure that Paul Harvey would be around until he turned 100.  Sadly, that is not going to be the case.  But WOW what a great long run!  There will never be another Paul Harvey.  His beloved "Angel" is probably rejoicing right now.  RIP, Paul Harvey (1918-2009)

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Masaachusetts

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts