New lineup on 970 WZAN

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Tue Mar 3 19:38:07 EST 2009

The "radio for men" talk lineup that was on Saga's 970 WZAN Portland is
moving to Saga's 1400/1490 simulcast.  The nostalgia music format that was
on those stations after Imus will be gone after tomorrow.

http://www.mainestalkradio.com/WHAT-HAPPENED-TO--RADIO-FOR-MEN-----/3951189

Imus has moved back to WZAN.  He was on that station for more than a decade
until his comments about the Rutgers womens basketball team got him
banished.  After Imus, the station will carry Laura Ingraham, Joe
Scarborough, Sean Hannity, Michael Savage, and Lars Larson.  Ingram and
Savage were grabbed from 1310 WLOB.  Hannity was grabbed by WGAN last month.
For today, at least, Hannity was heard live on WZAN and then on a delayed
basis starting at 6 on WGAN.  It also looks like Joy Browne is on both
stations.  My guess is WGAN's lineup will see some changes.

http://www.mainestalkradio.com/Schedule/3931605

WZAN will also be the home of the Portland Pirates and the Portland SeaDogs.
I assume that due to conflicts NASCAR will be moving to 1400/1490.

The interesting thing about these changes is now WZAN will be competing
directly with WGAN most of the day.

Over at JJ Jeffery's 1310 WLOB, after their local morning show that is
simulcast on TV on the local Fox stations, they will have Mike Gallagher,
Neil Bortz, Lou Dobbs, and John Gibson.  Their whole lineup after the
morning show has changed, with Ingraham, Hannity, and Savage now on WZAN.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine