Matt Cassel traded

Howard Glazer hmglaz@worldnet.att.net
Sun Mar 1 01:27:33 EST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Watson <markwats@comcast.net>
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>; Donna Halper
<dlh@donnahalper.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2009 7:02 PM
Subject: Re: Matt Cassell traded

> Donna Halper wrote:
>

> > Speaking of sports-talk, am I the only one who is surprised the Patriots
> > traded Mike Vrabel and Matt Cassel to Kansas City, and seemed to get
very
> > little for them in return?
>
>   I am surprised also, considering that we don't know with 100% certainty
> that Tom Brady will be ready to take the field when the new season opens,
or
> what the Pats get for draft picks.

One pick, early in the second round, for Cassel AND Vrabel? Smells like a
salary dump to me; maybe there's a free agent linebacker out there the Pats
want to sign. Of course, that draft pick could turn out to be a player
who'll make Pats fans very happy, too; plenty of good ones come out of the
second round.

Howard