50's TV question

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Tue Jun 30 15:11:58 EDT 2009

At 02:27 PM 6/30/2009, Doug Drown wrote:
>I know this has nothing directly to do with Board concerns, but I
>don' t know where else to go with the question:  Does anyone
>remember the '50s time slots for "I Love Lucy" and "The Honeymooners"?

My TV encyclopedia says "I Love Lucy" was usually on Monday nights,
9-9.30 from Oct. 1951 through June 1957.  But it also ran at other
times in re-runs, and in 1955 and 1956, there were Saturday night and
Sunday night episodes.  It ended up on Wendesday nights at 7.30 pm in
Sept 1957, and then it was moved around a lot till it was finally cancelled.

As for the "Honeymooners," it got started as a segment on Dumont's
Cavelcade of Stars in 1951.  It became an independent series in
October 1955, at 8.30 pm on Saturday nights, moved to 8pm in February 1956.