Boston Globe Article On Hub Radio's Reaction To Michael Jackson's Passing

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sat Jun 27 08:39:35 EDT 2009

  Today's Boston Globe has an article about how various Boston radio
stations reacted and responded to the passing of Michael Jackson. The
article mentions how many stations voicetrack or have no live announcers for
all or part of the day, thus making it harder to react to major breaking
news events, and our own Scott Fybush is quoted twice in the article. Link
to the article:

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2009/06/27/jackson_rules_boston_airwaves/

  Also, I learned from this article that ex-Kiss 108 personality Dierdre
Dagata is now at Mix 98.5 for some part time air shifts. Her midday spot on
Kiss was taken by the syndicated "Ryan Seacrest Show" and was relegated to
weekend/fill ins before being cut loose from the Kiss air staff.

Mark Watson