Springfield channel 40

A. Joseph Ross Joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Jun 25 15:28:24 EDT 2009

On 25 Jun 2009 Maureen Carney wrote:

> Also, many UHF stations changed to lower channels to reduce the cost
> of running a transmitter, which was quite expensive in the 1950s.

Also to increase their range, I would think.  I'm thinking of WMGT
(now WCDC) on Mt. Greylock, which was channel 74 and then moved to
19.  On channel 19, they have been able to cover most of Western
Massachusetts.  The move also made them a player in the Albany area.

I wouldn't think there would be that much of a technical difference
between channel 55 and channel 40, but perhaps the engineers on this
forum will tell us otherwise.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                   617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700            Fax: 617.507.7856