Ex-WLLH Personality Ed McMahon Has Passed Away

Bill Smith bill.smith@comcast.net
Wed Jun 24 11:44:07 EDT 2009

Wow. Haaving something named after you in Lowell. Ed must have been
overwhelmed.
I was thinking about that very point just the other day as I drove over the
John E. Cox Bridge by the Jack Kerouac Commemorative into Kearney Square and
turned right, away from the F. Bradford Morse Federal Building and the
Bradford Morse Walkway at the Memorial Auditorium onto French Street past
the Clement Gregory McDonough Magnet School and the Patrick J.Mogan Cultural
Center, heading onto  Fr. Spike Morrisette Boulevard past Lowell High School
and its Cyrus W. Irish Auditiorium and the Daniel P. Kane Courtyard
Restaurant, taking a right at the Ray Riddick Field House, away from the
John F. Kennedy Civic Centert toward the John F. Cox Traffic Circle in front
of the Paul E. Tsongas Arena on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard so that I
could make my way to the George Ayotte parking garage.
Alas, with pockets heavy with  quarters it was too far to walk to the Dave
Faneuf Laundry Facility.