The Old WHDH-TV Channel 5 equipment

TVNETDUDE@aol.com TVNETDUDE@aol.com
Sun Jun 21 19:20:06 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/21/2009 12:03:40 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
boston-radio-interest-request@tsornin.BostonRadio.org writes:

>>"Good question.  I do know that a few of the old  WHDH-TV cameras wound
up at Grahm Junior College once WCVB-TV took charge of  Channel 5 in Boston
in March, 1972.<< "

Well one of the complete camera chains went to Grahm for a year. It was in
the Lab for the Broadcast Engineering students but was never used. I
thought it  was sort of cool I was going to get to play with one of the cameras
that I was  actually on when I was on Bozo in the third grade.

They expanded the program the following year and the camera and rack
equipment disappeared and the space was turned into another classroom. I have no
idea what happened to that camera after that.

Mike Hemeon

fingertips.