WHDH-DT Now Simulcasting

Dave Doherty dave@skywaves.net
Wed Jun 17 16:06:26 EDT 2009

> WFCR

Worcester is in a hole all the way around.  WFCR is spotty, too.  Of WGBH,
WBUR, and WFCR, WGBH probably does the best overall, but none of them covers
the whole city reliably.

> VZ FiOS

Hadn't thought of that angle. We moved to Worcester a few years ago from NJ,
they got one franchise for the whole state.  That was the price they paid
for not having to negotiate town by town - everybody in the state had to be
lit up within a relatively short time frame, maybe three years. Here in
Massachusetts, where they did not get a statewide franchise, they are free
to pick and choose, and I guess they can decide never to serve places where
the demographics don't add up for them.

-d