WHDH-DT Now Simulcasting

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Jun 16 18:06:21 EDT 2009

<<On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:30:54 -0400, "Jim Hall" <aerie.ma@comcast.net> said:

> Well that's certainly good news.  But I wonder what's going to happen to
> people who could receive DT on RF Channel 7 after the switch.  Will their
> sets/converters understand why there are *two* channels 7.1 and 7.2
> broadcasting?

I believe what's supposed to happen is the same as when you can hear
both a translator and the primary station at the same time: they both
have the same "program ID" code, and the tuner is supposed to pick
whichever signal is best.  Not that I trust $40 coupon tuners to do
the right thing.

-GAWollman