So, when exactly is "OTH"?

Rich Chadwick rich@RichChadwick.com
Tue Jun 16 16:02:35 EDT 2009

Many times this is done from a rating standpoint.  If you add a few "bonus"
minutes or "super-size" an episode the thinking is that the viewer will stay
with you for the next show because they have already missed the start of all
other shows.  Not sure how effective that is but anything that can help...

Rich Chadwick
President
MultiMediaPros Digital Studios
877.7MM.PROS x201

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Weil [mailto:kc1ih@mac.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 3:24 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Subject: RE: So, when exactly is "OTH"?

Shows are supposed to begin "on the dot"?  According to who?  Is there a law
that I don't know about?

Actually, the block of network shows (when the stations have to "hit"
network) will usually begin and end on the dot, plus any satellite or
digital delay as discussed previously.  But the transition between shows is
often not quite on the dot, we get that information with our timings from
the network each night.