Terk indoor antennas

George Allen gallen2@nescaum.org
Sun Jun 14 22:11:18 EDT 2009

My observation with the Terk is that it's intended for UHF - it has a
decent "real" antenna for that band.  For VHF, it's just pwain ol'
wabbit ears (can you tell I've been watching Looney Toon DVDs?).  I
suppose they figured their market was DTV and nearly all of that
would be UHF.  And they're ~95% right.  It does a *very* nice job
with UHF channels.  I even got most Boston DTV channels with the
Terk, signals bouncing off the south-facing valley [antenna pointing
north - big hill to the south] in Antrim [near Hillsboro] NH last summer.
     George
______________________________________

From: Larry Weil <kc1ih@mac.com>
To: "Boston Radio Interest'" <boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 22:43:03 -0400
Subject: RE: WHDH-DT moves from RF-42 to 7

I also notice that most of the people who are having trouble are
using Terk antennas, which I have always thought of as being
over-priced junque.  It might be worth people's time trying something
else, just make sure you buy it from a store with a good return
policy, so you can try it out and return it if there isn't an
improvement.  At that rate, buy one of every indoor antenna the store
has, and return all except one after experimenting with them all.
Then pass along here which one worked best.
Larry Weil
WHDH/WLVI Master Control