more on the Armageddon Channel

George Allen gallen2@nescaum.org
Sat Jun 13 17:54:37 EDT 2009

7 that is.  Being reasonably aware [and an EE at that], even I had to
struggle to get ch. 7 today.

First, after a rescan, my DTV didn't have any "7".  No 7 even when
manually entered.  Hmmm...  I can SEE the TV towers, even tho I'm in
Swampscott (and you can see how I see them too on a clear day/night,
at http://hazecam.net/boston.html ).

Every other Boston (and many other) DTV channel came in
fine.  Eventually I figured out that I had analog 7 set to skip in
the DTV setup.  That was half the solution after another
rescan.  Then I had to extend the wabbit ears on my indoor Terk from
the 9" 'stabilizer' function they had been serving the last year or so.

Finally, after another rescan, there it was, sort of.  Walk around
the room and it breaks up.  Boy, whatever OTA viewers they had, they
have a lot fewer now...
     George