WNAC-TV Anniversary

Cdsull502@aol.com Cdsull502@aol.com
Wed Jun 10 20:58:10 EDT 2009

WNAC-TV commenced operation just 12 days after WBZ-TV began  operation.  I
wonder know if there was as much hype,  ballyhoo, etc. associated with that
sign-on as there was with  WBZ-TV.
I'm sure must have been a competition between the  two stations to be
first.  I know that WNAC did not construct a new  building for TV as WBZ did --
you would have figured that would have given WNAC  a leg up in the
competition.  Did WBZ's affiliation with NBC/RCA give then  an advantage in obtaining
equipment?  Also, was Jean Shepard still the  owner when TV operations
began?  I'm curious to know if anyone has any  information on this subject.

Chris  Sullivan
CdSull502@aol.com
**************Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop: Now in 6 vibrant colors! Shop Dell’s
full line of laptops.