BZ Repeating Newscasts?

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Sat Jul 25 10:45:32 EDT 2009

<<On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 03:19:59 -0400, Roger Kirk <rogerkirk@ttlc.net> said:

> Friday tonight (7/24) at 11:06 pm, the pre-recorded local portion of the
> news sounded exactly like a repeat of Thursday night's 11:06 pm
> pre-recorded local portion.

My guess would be that these are recorded by the voice talent and
stored on a file server with the same file name every night.  It would
then be possible, if Jack mistyped (or misclicked on) the name, for
the old newscast not to be erased, and if nobody looks closely at the
timestamps on the newscasts, they won't know it was the wrong one
until it plays.

-GAWollman