Breaking News: 98.5 becomes All Sports WBZ-FM

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Jul 14 15:41:57 EDT 2009

<<On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:11:20 -0400, "Dan.Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> said:

> signal in Worcester than does 104.1. Why 98.5 never moved downtown is
> unclear to me, however. Can't be an IF problem--98.5+10.7 is above the
> top of the FM band and 98.5-10.7 is below the bottom of the band. Is
> it a spacing problem from downtown to third-adjacent WPLM-FM?

Are WBMX and WPLM-FM fully-spaced now?  If they aren't, then they are
almost certainly pre-'64 short-spaced, in which case there is no
third-adjacent spacing restriction.  (Or even a second-adjacent
spacing restriction.)

-GAWollman