WBCN to sports at 98.5; WBMX to 104.1

Doug Drown revdoug1@myfairpoint.net
Tue Jul 14 14:57:12 EDT 2009

>> Umm, call me crazy, but how many sports and sports-talk formats does this
>> town really need (or can this town really support)?

Well, it'll bring Boston just about up to the same level as Bangor, which
has about 500,000 fewer people and four --- count 'em, FOUR --- all-sports
stations (WZON, WDME, WAEI and WAEI-FM), not to mention 10,000-watt WSKW in
Skowhegan, which reaches Bangor and is only 50 miles away.

The whole enterprise of commercial broadcasting is nuts nowadays, IMHO.

Curmudgeonly yours,
Doug