Portable HD Radio at best Buy

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Tue Jul 14 08:02:35 EDT 2009

On Jul 14, 2009, at 2:51 AM, Eli Polonsky wrote:

> One warning about Best Buy - make sure that you have
> your credit card for payment if you don't want a hassle.
>
> Recently, I bought my mom a DVD player for her birthday
> at the Best Buy in Watertown, and when I began to pay
> with cash, the young cashiers looked at me as though I
> was a Martian.
>
> It turned out that only one of their cash registers is still
> equipped to accept cash, and it had been so long since
> anyone else had used cash there, that they had no idea
> which register it was. They called a "manager" over, and
> he didn't know either. They had to try three registers on
> me to find the only one that would still accept my cash.
>
> This is a true story!!!

I always use cash since it's easier than using credit cards.  Whenever
I buy something at Best Buy in Nashua, the register always has a full
supply of cash in it and no one ever says a word about my using cash.

I suppose if I were buying an item costing over $200, I'd use a credit
card; otherwise I always use cash.

Once at the cafeteria in the building I worked, someone charged a
piece of toast for 79¢.  Unbelievable!

Paul