Casey Kasem

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Thu Jul 2 13:01:57 EDT 2009

<<On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 12:33:27 -0400 (GMT-04:00), Eli Polonsky <elipolo@earthlink.net> said:

> It's amazing how many songs that were Top 40 then, even some
> Top 10 hits, are no longer heard anywhere else on commercial
> radio anymore.

I recently put together, in advance of my parents' 40th anniversary, a
collection of all the top-10 hits of 1969.  I recognized between a third
and a half of all the songs, but there were a couple of songs that
were so obscure they weren't available for (legitimate) download
anywhere.  (That's as opposed to the three Beatles hits of that year,
which aren't available for download because Apple Corps was looking to
squeeze more money out of the download store operators.)

-GAWollman