Pirate on 87.9

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Wed Jul 1 20:22:16 EDT 2009

> Ok, now forgive an un-educated person ... but is Route 1/62 anywhere
> near
> Rowley?
>
> I do believe there is an 87.9 pirate station there that plays the kinda
> of
> music you describe.
>
> NECRAT.com seems to be down, I think they had a picture on there.

It's located in Boxford, not far from Rowley, near the route 97 exit off 95.
I believe they sometimes ID as "87.9 The Wave." There's even at least one
political type sign on the side of route 97 up in that area promoting the
station as "Weekends are Beautiful, 87.9 FM." Their format varies between
Oldies, Soft AC, and even at times beautiful music.

They get out very well, probably as much as 15 miles in all directions.

Jeff Lehmann
Hanson, MA