Casey Kasem

Paul B. Walker, Jr. walkerbroadcasting@gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 12:23:44 EDT 2009

Will any stations continue Casey's show by just running old editions?

When I was working at a certain AM Daytimer that ran a CHR/Top 40 "type"
format, we ran Ellen K's Top 20 Rythm Countdown on Friday afternoons at 3pm
and when that got cancelled, we ran old shows for several months before I
took the time slot and did a local show called "The Oldies Delight".

I did a 50s, 60s and 70s oldies show even though we were CHR/Top 40-ish
because we were preparing to flip formats and wanted to ease into the new
format by introducing the music little by little to our listeners

--
Sincerely,
Paul B. Walker, Jr.