MLB Network on premium tier?

Dave Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Tue Jan 27 16:06:45 EST 2009

I have Charter out here in Worcester County and MLB-TV is included in
the expanded sports package.  The NHL Network is also included in that
tier, along with the various Fox Sports, ESPN's and other specialty
channels.  Apparently the NFL Network wants to be on the basic cable
tier (along with ESPN, ESPN2, NESN and Comcast Sports).  Charter has
resisted, so NFL Network isn't available at all on Charter systems
nationwide.  When I lived in Comcast territory we had NBA-TV, but for
some reason Charter doesn't have that one either.

Right now you aren't missing a lot on MLB-TV.   They run the same two
news shows ten times a day along with rebroadcasts of historic games
of the past.  It will be interesting to see if the content gets better
once spring training begins.

-Dave Tomm