WJAR drops Weather Plus

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Fri Jan 23 10:37:25 EST 2009

At 3:34 AM -0800 1/23/09, Maureen Carney wrote:

>As of last night WJAR dropped Weather Plus on 10.2 and replaced it
>with Retro Network Television (RTN). They had originally planned to
>start running RTN back in October (on 10.3) but between RTN's
>somewhat shaky financial situation and the questions about NBC's
>weather service they decided to wait. RTN was running "It Takes A
>Thief" (which I haven't seen in over 30 years) and "Alfred Hitchcock
>Presents" last night, and of course infomercials this morning.

Actually NBC ended WeatherPlus on December 31, apparently what WJAR
was running was the local option with no national content, just local
maps and the like.  At WHDH, we will soon be running ThisTV on 7.2,
which is a service from NBC Universal featuring older movies and TV
series.  We are currently awaiting the equipment to do this.  I also
understand a national version of ThisTV will be on DirecTV at some
point soon.

--
Larry Weil
WHDH/WLVI Mater Control