request about Filene's Basement

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Jan 16 14:53:39 EST 2009

An old friend who did a wonderful documentary about Rex Trailer asked
me to forward this request to you nice folks.  If you can help Mike
with his documentary, his e-mail is BROVI@aol.com

"I am currently working with Rex on a new documentary about the old
Filene's Basement.  WGBH has given us a letter of intent to air it
for their pledge drive programming.  Probably sometime in September.

I recently came across an electronic transcription recording of Carl
DeSuze interviewing Harold Hodgkinson and a live remote from the
Basement.  The title of the film is "Voices from the Basement" and
since finding footage isn't as easy as Boomtown, it seems appropriate
to use voices to help tell the story.

We have already interviewed people who worked there and shopped there
like Mike Wallace, Mayor Menino, Susan Wornick, Barney Frank, and Mike Dukakis.

Do you know of any other resources where I can find old air checks or
E.T.s that might capture the era or even old commercials from Filene's?

Sincerely,

Michael Bavaro
voicesfromthebasement.com