analog shutdown maybe delayed

Roger Kirk rogerkirk@ttlc.net
Sat Jan 10 21:18:37 EST 2009

Sid Schweiger wrote:
>>> Woah, Nellie.  It's an op-ed piece (OKA opinion), not reporting.  Its authors are two former FCC chairmen, William Kennard and Michael Powell.

I just checked my 1/10/2009 online NY Times e-mail.  The piece to which
I originally referred ("The Looming TV Blackout") was printed in the
Editorial Section, not the Op-Ed section.

The piece to which you refer ("Don't Touch That Dial) was an op-ed piece
by Kennard & Powell from the 1/8/2009  NY Times.  I missed reading it on
Thursday.

After reading & comparing both, I find the Times' Editorial to be a
slightly less strident (and less fact-laden) re-hash
of some of the same thoughts.