analog shutdown maybe delayed

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Sat Jan 10 09:48:41 EST 2009

>>Does this mean that RCN subscribers will have to get new TVs or
adaptors?<<

RCN subscribers currently need to have a cable box and/or dual-tuner DVR.

>>Comcast has been saying, if you have
Comcast, we've got you covered.  How log will they have us covered
before we have to get new TV sets anyway?<<

AFAIK no one is being required to replace their TV set (at least for as long as converter boxes are being made).  As I stated previously, I had heard something about a mandatory deadline sometime in 2012 for cable systems to go full digital, but I don't know if that's still on track or not.  What Comcast is saying *now* is that "we've got you covered" for the OTA digital transition next month.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040