KSCO, like WJIB, a commercial station asking for donations

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Sat Jan 10 01:22:00 EST 2009

> From: "Kevin Vahey" <kvahey@comcast.net>
> Friday, January 9, 2009 5:52 PM
>
> WRBB was first on 91.7
>
> The station morphed from campus only WNEU and Donna
> might know when that happened. The station's history
> page says they moved to 104.9 in 1970 but I think it
> was later than that.

They don't know their own history. 1970 was when WRBB
first took to the airwaves on 91.7. I remember because,
when WBRS Brandeis (then also 91.7) was off the air, I
could actually hear WRBB where I grew up in Newton and
it was a new station on the airwaves at the time. (It
was formerly closed-circuit WNEU).

Both WRBB and WBRS didn't move into the commercial band
(104.9 and 100.1 respectively) until the mid-1980s, I
think it was 1986, leaving WMWM Salem the only occupant
of 91.7 that can be heard (faintly) in Boston proper,
between splash from adjacents WMFO 91.5 and WUMB 91.9.

EP