FCC Applications & Actions

Paul B. Walker, Jr. walkerbroadcasting@gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 10:20:59 EST 2009

Mr. Strassberg,

And just what do you know about the licensee, his means and what programming
or resources in terms of equipment and staffing he has available to him? He
already has a transmitter or two, some phasor and atu equipment, tower
sections and various piece of studio equipment in storage.. something that
will greatly reduce the cost of building and any ensuing debt with the
facility.

And when I say "serious programming", I mean this won't be a signal thats
just fill of pay for play and crap like that either.
For you , who doesn't know him, to make comments like that borders on
unprofessional.

I work with this man because I trust in him and believe in what he does.

An 18 month extension of the CP was filed, as it would've expried on
12/22/08, but my friend (completely seperate and unrelated to the old
licensee) is an SBA defined small business and will almost certainly get
another 18 months to build. With some upgrade plans already in the works,
the 1120 Richmond CP will cover Augusta just fine, so that won't be an
issue.

Do I know what he's going to program yet? No, he's not even sure just yet
but we're working on some ideas.. and when the facility is ready to be
built, someone from the company will be in the market surveying and seeing
whats there.. and what isn't format wise.

The other facility my friend bought is down in the Southeast United states,
its one of only two radio stations in a country of 15,000 people with the
other station being an satelitte driven KLove repeater. We have a GOOD idea
of what will be done down there and no reason we can't succeed with that
property.

By the way, I seriously expect things to last more.. way more then 90 days.

With all you seem to know about engineering and the fact you have the
answers when it comes to programming.. why don't you go lease or purchase a
radio station and program it?

Whenever someone thinks about doing something, you won't know if you can
succeed until you try.. and if you fail, at least you gave it a shot and
tried to make a difference with your actions rather then just talking about
it. You never want to wonder "what if"

Paul Walker