Noncompetes, the story behind the story :)

Faneuf, Dave dfaneuf@bu.edu
Wed Jan 7 23:48:55 EST 2009

From: Faneuf, Dave
Sent: Wed 1/7/2009 11:32 PM
To: boston-radio-intererst@rolinin.bostonradio.org
Subject: Noncompetes, the story behind the story :)

Robert S Chase asks:  "So my question is which legislator was trying to get a radio gig around that time and had the clout to get this enacted?"

Actually as someone who played a small roled in the bills passage it was AFTRA that marshaled the troops in Massachusetts Radio and TV.  On Air folks made private calls to their legislators and talked with them one on one that got the law passed.  I personally spoke with several and one even called me from the floor of the house to give me an update on the bill.

Dave Faneuf
Senior Announcer/Operator
WBUR Boston's NPR News Station
Tel. 617 353-0770