WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 17:31:19 EST 2009

Donna Halper wrote:
> Umm, the one I have is <casey@boston.cbs.com>  And be polite-- the
> word I have on very good authority is this was not his decision.

While politeness is a very good thing (I generally employ that as a way
of life) the "not his/her decision" disclaimer has exemplified the very
issue with holding stations to account during this collective media
slide into the abyss (as well as into history books and broadcast museum
exhibits).

While I have zero doubt that Mr. Casey is sickened by what is happening
to his years of work (by all accounts he's among the best) I have fallen
into that rut of shrugging the shoulders and acquiescing to the
"corporate" excuse. It's not personal to the Peter Caseys out there, but
they are the ones who need to get a clear and accurate read of customer
satisfaction so that he can report-out on it.

Bill O'Neill