revised WBZ prog sched

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Jan 6 16:44:56 EST 2009

<<On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 16:08:39 -0500, "Ron Bello" <rbello@belloassoc.com> said:

> Why not use Metro for local news inserts in the evening and overnight ?
> Doesn't CBS own a piece of Metro ?

Not any more.  CBS and Westwood One unwound their deal around the
middle of last year.  CBS still has programming commitments to WW1,
and must air WW1 inventory at a certain agreed-upon level or else pay
escalating penalties under their new contract.  But WW1 is no longer a
paper tiger.  This hasn't helped WW1's stock price, and they were
delisted by the NYSE in November.  (Glad I don't own it any more.)

CBS, for what it's worth, is down more than 50% from its 52-week high.
(It's also up 100% from its 52-week low... clearly I should have
bought some when it was trading down around $4, but I don't like
owning stock in companies that are effectively controlled by a single
investor.)

-GAWollman