revised WBZ prog sched

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Mon Jan 5 23:01:10 EST 2009

On Jan 5, 2009, at 10:10 PM, radiotony wrote:

> Tonight I was listening in the car on the way home from work and at
> the top
> of the 9 p.m. hour, WBZ led with CBS national news, a canned Gary
> LaPierre
> bit introing the time and the traffic, a live traffic report, and what
> clearly sounded like a previously recorded Diane Stern reading off
> some
> quick headlines. It seemed to pale in comparison to the usual Kim
> Tunnicliff
> live reads in the evening.

It definitely has that canned robotic sound to me.  It's the kind of
thing that, if you listen to one aircheck (as a manager might do),
you'd think, "hey, that sounds fine: no mistakes, just like live
radio."  But as a listener, hearing it night after night, you'd know
something was dead.  It's like driving through medium markets on the
weekend, listening to random stations doing voicetracks.  Every break
sounds okay, but after 3 of them you know there are no human beings.
I always thought 'BZ was better than that.