Saying Goodbye - Was: Nightcap

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Sun Jan 4 17:27:43 EST 2009

I think Mac was just happy to be rid of Lujack.

Lujack wrote in Superjock that Mac would sit in the studio with him
ordering him to say things that popped into his head.

Coming from a big outlet like KJR to Bay Village must have been a
shock for Lujack.

Keep in mind the timeframe as well as this happened in December of 66.
Mac knew bigger trouble was ahead with WNAC and probably didn't want a
nasty fight with Lujack.

Baseball fans might nod yes when I say Mac Richmond was the Charlie
Finley of radio. He knew talent but was impossible to work for.