[Fwd: Re: Nightcap]

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 16:51:05 EST 2009

Garrett Wollman wrote:
 > That's a pretty reasonable way to do it. An author's job on tour is
 > to sell the book, and if they can't express what it's about in a way
 > that makes people want to buy it, their publisher shouldn't have put
 > them up to it.
I wrote:

I agree. I am sure that King sold a ton of books regardless of the fact
that he, himself, had not read the literary masterpiece being "humped"
(Imus-ism). A good host is a curious host but not a beholden one.

And now I add: I signed off quickly on this and wanted to add that I
generally only interviewed authors with books that were of interest to
me (and presumably with a hook to the audience) and reading it was the
way in which I gained an interest in the first place.  Reading it (and
the occasional skim) would spawn questions (sticky-notes as the question
would surface).

Bill O'Neill