WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

Mike Ward mward@iname.com
Sat Jan 3 16:20:48 EST 2009

Larry Weil wrote:
 > At 8:28 AM -0500 1/3/09, Dan.Strassberg wrote:
 >
 >> If I'm not mistaken, 1500 in DC is now WFED, news for government
 >> employees.
 >
 > AFAIK, that was just an interim format, and they more recently
switched to a mostly (or all) birdfed right-wing talk format.

Nope, 1500 is still the government-news formatted WFED "Federal News
Radio".  You're possibly thinking of the former "3WT", which took over
after Washington Post Radio died out.  It wasn't all conservative -
among the hosts on its schedule was Jones/Dial Global midday liberal
host Stephanie Miller.

The former home of WFED, 1050/Silver Spring MD, is - oddly enough - the
new keeper of the WTOP(AM) calls, simulcasting 103.5.  But all the
Bonneville AMs are shuttling or simulcasting various sports play-by-play
among them.