WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

Richard Chonak rac@gabrielmass.com
Sat Jan 3 02:38:17 EST 2009

Kevin and Don A wrote:

>> CBS is testing news on FM for a reason (San Francisco) and the clear
>> channel stations no longer have the appeal they had even 15 years ago.
>
> I think news is being put on FM in 2 markets (SF & DC), because, their
> is no AM that covers the market completely.

If you're thinking of WTOP, that is completely off AM now, and has been
for a few years.  I can't fathom why they left AM: the station was a
landmark at night.   Since then, Bonneville, WTOP's owner, has run
various talk or newsish formats on the 1500 AM channel ("Washington Post
Radio", "3WT", "Federal News Radio"), but for now, WTOP fans up here can
only get it over the net.

http://www.wtopnews.com/
http://www.federalnewsradio.com/

--RC