WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sat Jan 3 00:55:29 EST 2009

On 2 Jan 2009 at 23:04, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> If this list had existed in my college days there would have been
> fierce debate over the future of FM over AM. Now I wonder if AM wil
> even exist a decade from now.

In the short story "Logic of Empire," by Robert Heinlein, published
in Astounding Science Fiction for March 1941, and set sometime around
2010-2015, depicting a revolt of Venus colonists against the
corporation that rules them, the main character creates a system of
radio communication for the rebellion which the Company can't detect,
using "a totally obsolete type of transmitter, an amplitude
modulator."  All the radio systems used by the company and everyone
else on Venus used frequency modulation.