WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Sat Jan 3 00:54:47 EST 2009

<<On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 23:46:40 -0600, "Kevin Vahey" <kvahey@comcast.net> said:

> One other thing. We saw how NAB fought hard to prevent the satellite
> merger and lost. What surprised me was not lobbying the FCC to make it
> mandatory that all future satellite radios must also have the AM-FM
> band.

They lobbied the FCC to make it mandatory that all satellite receivers
also have IBOC.  The Commission didn't bite.

> I am also surprised that the FCC allowed just FM tuners to be sold.
> You now have untold millions that don't even have an AM tuner.

The FCC lacks the legal authority to make such a requirement.

-GAWollman