WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Fri Jan 2 23:28:33 EST 2009

At 11:09 PM -0500 1/2/09, Dick Summer wrote:

>There are now wi-fi only radios made by RCA, Grace and Sanyo. I got
>one for Christmas. Great sound. 15,000 stations from all over the
>world. Free. Nobody needs a stick in the mud any more. Something
>great, and wonderful, and mysterious died this year Kevin. But
>something great, and wonderful and mysterious was also born this
>year. I can't help mourning the death...but the birth is so
>exciting. Dick Summer

I've often wondered about all these Internet stations, specifically
about the economics.  I know many of these are simply simulcasts of
over-the-air stations, but many others are not.  So, who pays for the
operation of these stations, how do they make a profit (other than
those that are there for non-commercial reasons)?

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH