WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Thu Jan 1 13:51:22 EST 2009

Kevin Vahey wrote:

> I fear Gil Santos is next out the door. Jonathan Kraft wants a new
> play by play voice ( rumored to be Sean McDonough ) but honestly Gil
> has slipped badly in play by play.

  If the Patriots want a new play by play voice, would CBS send Gil Santos
to the beach and also remove him from his AM drive sports reporting? Or
would the new Pats voice also get the AM drive sports gig?

  Just curious as to how many people have been the Patriots radio play by
play caller since the team's inception. I know Gil Santos has held the job
for several years now, IIRC wasn't John Carlson the PBP man prior to Santos?

Mark Watson