WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Thu Jan 1 13:00:44 EST 2009

On Thu, 1/1/09, Blaine Thompson <irw@well.com> wrote:
> 1. WBZ could simulcast the audio of CNN Headline News.

But HLN doesn't really have any "news" on the overnights anymore, just reairs of Nancy Grace and whatever other shows they're running now.

> 2. Doesn't the BBC have an all-news format for the USA?
>  Perhaps that is
> only available for noncomms, though.

Even if World Service is available to commercial stations -- I can't see why it wouldn't be -- there are few opportunities to insert local product, including ads.