WBZ cuts Leveille, Cuddy, Dyett, poss. Desmarais

MauOB@aol.com MauOB@aol.com
Thu Jan 1 12:47:31 EST 2009

I would not be surprised to see Rea on for his full shift after any  sports.
Then, a replay of his show overnight.
Seems many stations nationwide are now running "rewinds" overnight.

Such a shame not having Steve on .... he really did a great job with the
right personality for overnight.

In a message dated 1/1/2009 9:43:34 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
donald_astelle@yahoo.com writes:

>  I enjoyed Steve's overnight show.  However, I am loyal to product,  not
> the company.  Guess I'll be listening (and nostalging) to  North Shore
> 104.9 on the way home, now.
Thoughts...

>  Questions:
> Will Dan Rae do a crossover with BirdFeed at  11:58?

Since we dont know what will be happenning overnights a WBZ, who  can
say....is it even logistical?

> Will producers be let go,  too?

I would assume "producers" turn into board-ops.....

>  Will they cancel news overnights?

Right now they carry CBS Network news  overnight....followers by 2-3 minutes
of local that was recorded by the  eveing newscaster.

> How about a sports show every evening from  7:00p to midnight.  Bruins
> included.

Ick!  I think  this goes against the grain of their "When we're not bringing
you the  news, we're talking about it" format.

All day long they are news....and  in the evening they analyze the news.

I think Dan Rae is there to  stay.  They need someone with a little marquee
appeal to make the  evening show interesting.

I would guess some kind of syndicated  product is going to end up on
overnights....Although I don't know any  programs that are worthy of the
blowtorch signal of WBZ.  I was very  surprised when WJR ran the truckers
show overnight.

Is there some  kind of syndicated "all news" format that they could put on
overnights?  (Didn't the AP used to offer something like  that?)