Matt Cassell traded, PS

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Sat Feb 28 20:27:11 EST 2009

WEEI was live until 5p today. John Rider and Lenny Megliola took calls on the trade. Former Pats backup QB and Big Show contributor Scott Zolak called in as well.

________________________________
From: Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com>
To: Mark Watson <markwats@comcast.net>; boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2009 7:16:59 PM
Subject: Re: Matt Cassell traded, PS

At 07:09 PM 2/28/2009, Mark Watson wrote:

>  I believe that WAMG/WLLH and WZNN are syndicated most if not all of the time weekends, not sure if WEEI has a live local Saturday afternoon show, I didn't think of tuning in to check on my way home, as I had been away from a radio all day and wanted to catch up with the latest news from WBZ. But as I mentioned in my previous reply, WBZ apparently was on the ball, getting Gil Santos on the phone for his take.

And I salute WBZ for having that kind of news-sense, since sports is a big deal in Boston.  But what I heard on WEEI was syndicated, which is a sad commentary on the state of broadcasting today-- back in the not-so-long ago good old days, there was always somebody around doing live and local in a top ten market like Boston... On WEEI when I listened to the syndicated show, nobody was discussing the Patriots at all-- nationally, I am told, people dislike the coach and don't wanna talk about what the Patriots are doing.