Follow-up To NERW Piece On W221CH

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Sat Feb 28 19:25:26 EST 2009

Well, in fact they (the jocks) would say (after the TOH Drake jingle "WRKO.....Boston!") the jock would say "AM and FM!".  (Pre-Drake, before June 1967, WRKO had a PAMS sung Legal ID.... "WRKO and WRKO-FM, Boston!.)  After 6:00 PM, you would hear, on the FM only, "And now ladies and gentlemen...." (CLICK!) "And the hits just keep on coming on 98.5 WRKO-FM Boston!", (jingle) "WRKO-FM, ALL MUSIC!!!", ARKO had begun it's 12 hours of non-duplicated programming.  Dale Tucker, the last Program Director of WRKO-FM (before WROR) kind of moved away from the R-KO format and got the station ready for the eventual switch to Stereo with Drake Chenault's new "Hit Parade" format, just before Dale moved out of Boston.

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts
"Scanning the bands since 1967"
radiojunkie3@yahoo.com